The redsn0w 0.9.4 jailbreaking tool is now available for iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G users. It helps jailbreak latest iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.
If you want to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 firmware, you can use following jailbreaking guide for your reference. Please read the note carefully before starting to jailbreak the device .
- Redsn0w 0.9.4 only works with iPod Touch (old version), iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G.
- Redsn0w 0.9.4 can jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G.
- Don’t use this guide, if you are not familiar with jailbreaking and unlocking process.
Guide to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and sync with iTunes. Update it to iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.
2. Open redsn0w 0.9.4 and select 3.1.2 firmware instead of 3.13.
3. Click on Next and check “Install Cydia” and “Unlock” options.
4. Click on Next to patch the kernel.
5. Now put your iPhone in DFU mode by pressing Power and Home button for exact 10 seconds. Release the Power button, but keep holding Home button 26-30 seconds.
6. iTunes will automatically detect your iPhone. Redsn0w will complete its jailbreaking process.
7. Once you have finished with the process, iPhone will restart and you will get a proper jailbroken iPhone.
As mentioned earlier, iPhone 2G users can unlock their iPhones with the help of BootNeuter app from Cydia.
Disclaimer: The guide is only for information purpose. You should follow these steps at your own risk.
Attached is the video using sn0wBreeze in case this guide is difficult for you.